Friday, September 23, 2016

Class Dinner Party

If I were to throw a dinner party for our class, I would make it a vegetarian night, so I would make a Greek with quinoa salad, tomato and corn risotto, and chocolate chip cookies. This is what I need to make this:
·      Romaine lettuce ($3.99/Romaine heart)
·      Kale ($2.50/bunch)
·      Quinoa ($2.56/pound)
·      Greek dressing ($12.38/bottle)
·      Feta cheese ($3.98/6 ounces)
·      Tomatoes ($4/pound)
·      Corn ($3/bushel)
·      Arborio rice ($2.38/pound)
·      Vegetable stock ($3/32 ounces)
·      Fresh basil ($2.37/ounce)
·      Parmesan cheese ($3.98/8 ounces)
·      Nestle chocolate chip cookie dough ($2.50)
·      Set of plates and utensils

I would definitely need some help to make this, so I would ask my roommate and my mom to help. I would have them come with me to the grocery store in Emory Point to help me find everything and to help me carry everything back. This would take around an hour to find everything, plus the 30-40 minutes to walk there and back. I would then use the kitchen in my dorm to make everything, starting with the cookies because they can sit for a while. Then I would make the risotto because it actually tastes better after it sits for a while. Finally, I would make the Greek with quinoa salad. I think this would end up taking a decent amount of time, mostly because of the time it takes to make the risotto, which is around 45 minutes to an hour. While my mom and I were making everything, I would ask my roommate to set everything up in the Turman longue on the second floor, which provides a great environment because it is comfortable and all the chairs are already in a circle. All I would have to do for this was check with my RA to reserve the space. I believe this entire process of cooking would take around two to three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment