Monday, December 5, 2016

Revised The Cookie that Keeps Me Glued Together

Paper plate? Check. Microwave? Check. Milk? Check. Chocolate Chip Cookie? Check. A chocolate chip cookie is defined as “a sweet biscuit containing chocolate chips” by the online Oxford English Dictionary. The chocolate chip cookie I just grabbed, however, is no ordinary cookie. This cookie is made by my grandma. This cookie is the best cookie I have ever had and will ever have. This cookie is the cookie that keeps me sane. The perfect balance between cookie dough and chocolate chips, the absurd amount of butter and sugar, the monstrous size of each of these cookies—all of this accumulates to create the perfect cookie. They are so popular among my family that whenever my grandma decides to bake these cookies, which happens three or four times a year, she has to make enough to fill five gigantic containers, one for each household in my family. My family places these cookies on a pedestal and constantly wait not so patiently for the next batch.
            While everyone in my family, as well as all of our close friends, enjoys these cookies, each of us has a different way that we like to eat them. When we get the cookies, we get them frozen so they can last as long as we want. My dad, grandpa, and a few of my cousins like to eat them frozen. However, for me, there is a process to prepare them perfectly. This is how it goes.
1.     Grab a small paper plate, just a little bit bigger than the cookie. For some reason, it always tastes better on a smaller plate. I use a paper plate, so I don’t have to wash it after.
2.     Put the cookie on the paper plate, and place this in the microwave.
3.     Microwave the cookie for 15 seconds. This allows the cookie to defrost just enough so the cookie dough is still a little cool, while the chocolate chips are at the perfectly melted.
4.     Pour a glass of milk while the cookie is in the microwave.
5.     Then, grab the cookie out of the microwave, along with the milk, go to the couch, and enjoy. Don’t dip the cookie in the milk, though. The milk would just make it soggy.

And that is how to make the perfect cookie even better. While my way is not the only way, it sure is the best way in my humble opinion. These cookies know how to make a bad day good, how to make a good day great, how to make a great day the best day; these cookies are the glue that keeps me together.

Original Post: http://bcalkins2020.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-cookie-that-keeps-me-glued-together.html

No comments:

Post a Comment