Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Blog Proposal Reflection

One of the comments on my blog proposal asked if there were going to be any non-research posts. I get the idea behind this comment, and while there will be posts with less research than others, in every post I plan to do some sort of research, especially my first blog post. The following blog posts that focus on different comfort foods and their healthier options will have research components because I have to do research to find alternatives to make it healthier. Thus, some sort of research will be necessary in each blog post for the vision I have in my for my food blog, yet some of this research will not be as intensive as other research.

Another comment I got was that I needed to explain what kind of comfort foods I want to write about. In my mind at this point, I plan to write about foods like macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, pizza, chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon rolls, and donuts.

The next comment I got was to consider if people might be turned off by my blog because they like it the way the foods originally are. I had thought about this when considering my blog topic, but I decided that food lovers like me that almost exclusively eat comfort food will want some alternatives to have some healthier comfort foods amongst our full-calorie comfort foods. I am also not forcing people through this blog to change their lifestyle because I know I will be eating the full-calorie version sometimes, but it is a way to put healthier options of comfort foods in the readers' minds.


1 comment: